So I finally got my hands on a nice lathe but haven't had the time to play with it properly. In the meantime I'll just leave these nice pictures up.
Bask in its magnificence.
There is something strange going on here, the lowest gear range has been taken off and when I try and re-fit it it doesn't quite sit right. There deosn't seem enough space for all of the gears. Lucky I have a lathe now to make up spacers and such.
Unfortunately there are a couple of teeth broken off. John Knox over on the Sheldon Yahoo group gave me some advice, using set screws and JB Weld to make a new gear tooth.
An assortment of parts I got with it, not even sure all of these are for this lathe. I also got an original centre steady, full set of collets, a few different chucks, a couple of boxes of tools, and a whole stack of brass stock thrown in.